Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Aging Parents: Smartphones' Photos in Senior Healthcare


  

How smartphones help aging parents, the elderly and us
age well
 IMG_4908
NYC 86th St. Subway ad 2016 (above). Close up of text under "The doctor will see you now" (below).
IMG_4907

Upon exiting the subway last week, this ad greeted me. We are to assume, I believe, that unknown medical diagnosticians, presumably MD's, are at the ready to diagnose unknown people's health issues after receiving photos taken by--and emailed from--a mobile device. 

Over three years ago, my dermatologist's assistant asked if I had an iPhone and could take a picture of something on my face, email it and perhaps save an office visit---and time (and money). What an unexpected response to my calling to make an appointment to have her look at a little spot. It made so much sense. Indeed I had the "nothing-to-worry-about" reply from her office within the hour. How efficient--and reassuring--is that!

To view entire post please go to my other site 

No comments:

Post a Comment