Monday, November 9, 2015

Help Aging Parents--Hospice: Why Wait To Call?

                         Call Hospice for Your Mom!

I meddled! A former neighbor sounded awful when I phoned the other night. She's very old; has had cancer successfully treated over decades, but it sounds like the end may be near. There's no "maybe" about the pain she says she has had for some time.  There's an aide with her 24/7 so I didn't think hospice was involved, although it sounded like they should be.


Bottom line: Calling hospice--or suggesting someone contact hospice--may be uncomfortable. But calling sooner--rather than later--offers professional, appropriate comfort to patient and family and a better chance for a satisfying ending. So many have said "I wish I'd called hospice sooner."

To read entire post, please go to my other site.

No comments:

Post a Comment