Sunday, July 28, 2013

Aging Parents: Successful Strategies for Difficult Discussions

                                Difficult Discussions: 9 Tips for Success

Difficult discussions were a normal part of  my counseling work: teacher-student dialogs to settle misunderstandings, parent-teacher conversations to clarify accusations or actions, constructive conversations with teenagers who made bad choices, parents who were angry at the school, their kids--you name it.

Early on I learned through experience (and I guess some techniques I learned at TC) how to prepare for uncomfortable discussions, achieve my goals, and maintain a good relationship. I also learned from a favorite professor, that when dealing with family, you'll probably forget what you learned and act on your instincts. No! Don't stop here.



To view entire post please go to my other site







No comments:

Post a Comment